The goal of industrial hygiene (also known as occupational hygiene) is to protect the health and safety of people in the workplace and the community. Industrial hygienists at Circle Safety & Health Consultants will help you anticipate, evaluate and control potential workplace health hazards, including chemicals, physical and biological hazards.
At Circle Safety & Health Consultants, a Certified Industrial Hygienist with over 20 years of experience in manufacturing, mining and laboratory safety conducts our industrial hygiene evaluations and sampling projects. The credentialed staff conveys credibility to our occupational hygiene studies and reports which will help to ensure accurate results, sound recommendations, and your compliance with regulations and industry best practices.
Our industrial hygiene services include the following:
- Evaluating your workplace and surrounding community for chemical, physical and biological hazards
- Developing recommendations and a plan to control situations that could pose a threat to workers or the surrounding community
- Conducting research and providing findings on potentially harmful conditions such as poor air quality or exposure to chemicals
- Ensuring federal, state, local laws, and OSHA regulations are being followed
- Providing training to minimize job-related risks and ensure workers can properly follow the recommended health and safety procedures
Examples of IH projects:
- Noise dosimetry and sound level mapping
- Welding fume monitoring, including hexavalent chromium
- Metals monitoring including lead, arsenic, cadmium and beryllium
- Respirable crystalline silica sampling
- Respirable and total dust sampling
- Caprolactam and other organic compound sampling
- Real-time sampling of various chemical including carbon monoxide and nitrogen oxides
- Indoor air quality investigations
- Vibration studies
- Ergonomic evaluations
- Light level measurements
This video from BOHS.org explains more about Industrial, or Occupational Hygiene.